The Convento sits above the northern shores of Lago Trasimeno in Umbria, which is Italy's fourth largest lake (largest south of Milan) with vistas across the lake and the town of Passignano sul Trasimeno (three minute drive or 15 minute walk into town). Built in the 16th century, and a functioning monastery until the '60ies, this historic building lies withing a 25 hectare (60 acres) estate. It has been lovingly restored by its owner George Lucas. There are two principal structures: 1. The Convento Building (Main Villa) and 2. The Library Building, which also houses the dining room. Ten bedrooms - all ensuite - accommodate a total of 22 guests, ideally 18 adults plus two teenagers and two children. The Convento comes with a brigade of high level staff, who will do everything possible to make guests happy.
This property has 10 bedrooms and sleeps 20 people
|Convento BuildingBedroom 1 | Sophia Loren||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 2 | Federico Fellini||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 3 | Giuseppe Verdi||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 4 | Liliana Cavani||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 5 | Michelangelo||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 6 | Leonardo di Vinci||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 7 | Sergio Leone||2 Single/Twin||2|
|Bedroom 8 | Filippo Brunelleschi||1 King||2|
|Bedroom 9 | Giacomo Puccini||1 King||2|
|Library BuildingBedroom 10 | Michelangelo Antonioni||1 Queen||2|
This property has 1 bathrooms
|Convento BuildingBathroom 1||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 2||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 3||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 4||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 5||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 6||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 7||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 8||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 9||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Library BuildingBathroom 10||full||Toilet, Shower|
|Activities||Bird WatchingGolfHikingHorseback RidingSwimmingTennisYoga/Pilates|
|Attractions||CinemasHealth & Beauty SpaMuseumsRestaurantsRuinsWinery Tours|
|Entertainment||Board GamesBooksDVD PlayerIPod DockMovie LibraryMovie TheatrePool TableSatellite Or CableSound SystemTelevisionVideoGames|
|General||Air ConditioningFireplaceGated CommunityGolfHousekeeping/StaffWifi|
|Indoor Features||Baby EquipmentBarBed LinensGym/Fitness RoomHeatingHome OfficePool/Beach TowelsSteam Room/HammamTelephoneToiletriesWasher/DryerWine CellarWine Fridge|
|Kitchen||BlenderCoffee MakerCooking UtensilsDining AreaDish WasherFreezerFully Equipped KitchenIce MakerIron & BoardOvenRefrigeratorStove Top BurnersToaster|
|Nearby Facilities||ATM/BankGroceriesMassage TherapistMedical ServicesShopping|
|Outdoor Features||BalconyDining TableFire PitFurnished Terrace/BalconyGardenGarden ChairsLounging AreaPoolside Lounge ChairsPrivate PoolSaunaTennis CourtTerrace|
|Staff||Babysitter Optional ($)Butler(s)ChefGardenerHouse ManagerMaidWaiter|
Il Convento is equipped with an array of included amenities and services:
• Home cinema
• Outdoor swimming pool 20 x 9 meters (65 x 30 feet), depth 1.2m to 2.00m
• Tennis court, (featuring Casali “Suppersoft Dobbio” synthetic surface ITF certified category 3). Selection of Wilson and Head ladies and men’s tennis rackets plus balls.
• Basketball hoop on tennis court
• Bocce court
• Croquet pitch
• Lawn Badminton
• Winter Garden within a conservatory, featuring a wood burning fireplace
• Fire pit overlooking Passignano and Lake Trasimeno
• 7-hole shoe-golf course, designed by David Shaw
• Restored Chapel for spiritual reflection, also suited of private ceremonies
• Full-time management couple with an extensive international hospitality background
• In addition, there is a core staff which includes a head-chef with his brigade of sous-chefs and assistants.
• Professionally trained wait staff including a sommelier.
• Head housekeeper and her team who provide twice daily maid service (morning and evening), seven days per week, in all suites as well as handling daily guest laundry (complimentary).
• A houseman tends to the outdoors as well as the garden staff. Thus depending on the number of guests resident at the Convento, there are between twelve to twenty staff on duty.
• Arrangements include all meals; breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon, dinner and any snacks.
• All beverages from the various house bars are also included, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
• Guest Pantry 24hr access for snacks and drinks
• WIFI throughout including pool and grounds
• Toiletries replenished daily "La Bottega"
• Bed linens bath and pool towels changed daily
• Local tax
|Rate Category||Period||Rates||Minimum Stay|
Location Type: Lake, Town, Lake View, Waterview
Nearest village Passignano sul Trasimeno, 200 m, where you will find shops selling local produce, supermarket and numerous bars and restaurants • Closest commercial and private (private jets) airport Perugia 40 km - 30 minutes drive • Montalcino 20km - 30 minutes drive • Cortona 30 km - 20 minutes drive • Perugia 30 km - 30 minutes drive • Pienza 33km - 35 minutes drive • Assisi 50 km - 40 minutes drive • Siena 70 km - 50 minutes drive • Arezzo 68 km - 50 minutes drive • Orvieto 100 km - 1 hours and 30 minutes drive • Florence 124 km - 1 hour 30 minutes drive • Rome 213 km - 2 hours 15 minutes drive
There are no reviews for this property.